"You Traumatized Me, Ronnie!"
So last night I went to the MTV Upfront presentation at the Hammerstein Ballroom here in NYC.
Upfront: a meeting hosted at the start of important advertising sales periods by a television network (that would be MTV), attended by the press and major advertisers (that would be me). It is so named because of its main purpose, to allow marketers to buy commercial airtime "up front", or several months before the television season begins.
Basically, the point of an upfront is the advantage of seeing new ish that networks are coming out with, along with some of their talents and guest performers.
So anyways, it was only right to have the cast of their hit show Jersey Shore there amongst all the free liquor, food, and industry people who probably don't even buy commercial spots in their show because of content.
In attendance was Sammie, Ronnie, Vinny, J-Woww, Pauly D, Snooki and The Situation. MTV pretty much just put them on display on a small, roped-off area as people (yes including me) snapped tons of pictures of them. At one point they were brought sliders and just eating them on that stage while everyone was watching. It was so awkward and they looked so sadtown and I even felt bad for them. Okay maybe not really. But I wondered, maybe they don't really like that much attention like they imply on the show, or they feel like they're being whore'd out, but this time not by themselves but by MTV.

I think Ronnie even got frustrated with the situation (no pun here) that he left. I'm just assuming this because I saw him say something to some MTV staff and then leaving the roped-off area. Usher, Nick Cannon, the guys from The Buried Life (which is a pretty cool show by the way), Quest Crew from ABDC, some of the Real World D.C. cast and other people from some of the new shows were there, too. But still, the Jersey Shore cast took the spotlight even though they were sectioned away from everyone most of the time.
with some MTV girls and Ty and Josh from Real World D.C.:

Usher opening before the presentation:

The Dudesons
Should we really be this hyped up about them?? I think so. GTL, baby. Let's just say...can't wait for the 2nd season!
Upfront: a meeting hosted at the start of important advertising sales periods by a television network (that would be MTV), attended by the press and major advertisers (that would be me). It is so named because of its main purpose, to allow marketers to buy commercial airtime "up front", or several months before the television season begins.
Basically, the point of an upfront is the advantage of seeing new ish that networks are coming out with, along with some of their talents and guest performers.
So anyways, it was only right to have the cast of their hit show Jersey Shore there amongst all the free liquor, food, and industry people who probably don't even buy commercial spots in their show because of content.
In attendance was Sammie, Ronnie, Vinny, J-Woww, Pauly D, Snooki and The Situation. MTV pretty much just put them on display on a small, roped-off area as people (yes including me) snapped tons of pictures of them. At one point they were brought sliders and just eating them on that stage while everyone was watching. It was so awkward and they looked so sadtown and I even felt bad for them. Okay maybe not really. But I wondered, maybe they don't really like that much attention like they imply on the show, or they feel like they're being whore'd out, but this time not by themselves but by MTV.
I think Ronnie even got frustrated with the situation (no pun here) that he left. I'm just assuming this because I saw him say something to some MTV staff and then leaving the roped-off area. Usher, Nick Cannon, the guys from The Buried Life (which is a pretty cool show by the way), Quest Crew from ABDC, some of the Real World D.C. cast and other people from some of the new shows were there, too. But still, the Jersey Shore cast took the spotlight even though they were sectioned away from everyone most of the time.
with some MTV girls and Ty and Josh from Real World D.C.:

Usher opening before the presentation:

The Dudesons
Should we really be this hyped up about them?? I think so. GTL, baby. Let's just say...can't wait for the 2nd season!

Comments
Post a Comment