"I Just Want To Remind You That Jesus Loves You!"

This morning I was lucky to get a seat, despite it being a middle seat, on the train to work. As I was talking to my coworker boyfriend, the African-American woman sitting next to me smiles and says:

Woman: I just want to remind you that Jesus loves you!
Me: *awkward smile* Hehe okay thanks...

I thought she was one of those demented people who yell out random stuff about Jesus, but she was obviously talking to me in a personable, intimate manner, because this wasn't the end of our conversation.

Woman: Are you from the Philippines?
Me: Yes (well I'm not from there but my parents are. NOT the same thing but to make the conversation easier, sure).
Woman: My pastor is from the Philippines, him and his wife, and they love Jesus so much!
Me: Oh that's nice...

At this point I'm thinking, "is she done yet?" because my commute to work is only 4 stops, about 9 minutes, and she started this conversation after the second stop.

Woman: Do you believe in Jesus?
Me: Yeah, I'm Catholic
Woman: Do you read the Bible?
Me: I have, a long time ago... (okay so I haven't read the whole thing but just whatever's popular via Sunday School when I used to attend from 1st through 11th grade).
Woman: Well you should read it again!

So the whole time, I was thinking, "what is she trying to say??" Or is she implying that I need to pray because she foresees something bad coming to me? Grrr these worshipful people are so unbelievably believable sometimes.

Comments

Popular Posts